Queen for a Day -- Bridal Portrait Re-Cap

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
This weekend was absolutely PERFECT. Not only did we have the best weather, but my mom and I got so much finished for the wedding! I want to show you a few things that we did this weekend, but today I want to talk about my bridal portraits!

Everything about my portraits went SO smoothly. I literally felt like a queen for the day with all of the pampering and primping! First thing that morning I had my hair “trial”. I brought in a photo of what I wanted and my hair stylist did a BEAUTIFUL job! I absolutely loved it – simple and classic – nothing too fussy!

After my hair appointment we were off to makeup! In THIS post I was wondering about whether or not to use a makeup artist for the wedding day and after meeting Shannon at the Laura Mercier counter (and doing a trial) I knew that she would be the one to do my makeup! We have her all booked for the day of the wedding and she made sure to be available on my portrait day. The makeup is also simple and classic. I definitely want to look like myself, just done-up a little more! :)

While I was having my makeup done my mom went off to pick up my bouquet from the florist. I decided to go ahead and have a real bouquet made for my portraits so that I could have a good idea about what my bouquet will look like on the big day! There were a few faux peonies tucked in though, because as many of you know those blooms are not yet in season. When I had my first glance of the bouquet I was absolutely in L.O.V.E! It was EXACTLY what I wanted – something very soft, neutral, creamy colors, and hints of pale pink!

As soon as my makeup was finished we were off to the “shoot” location. I somehow got everything in the dressing room – dress (which is heavier than I remembered!), shoes, veil, earrings, bouquet – and put on for when the photographer arrived!

The weather was AMAZING. It was slightly cool – probably 67 or 68 degrees – and there was a slight breeze (which turned out to be amazing for the shots when I wore my veil). My photographer made everything SO wonderful and was very encouraging throughout the shoot. I obviously cannot show you pictures from the day (my mom took a BUNCH of snapshots with her digital camera), but I will show you a few spots that made appearances during the day.

Our first shots of the day took place in this amazing grove of trees (shown above, right)…there were white and pink petals scattered on the ground and while we were taking our pictures some even blew through the air! BEAUTIFUL!!

I love bridal portraits that have texture in the settings. This beautiful stone bridge and paint chipped door (shown to the left) may have made an appearance as well...you didn't really think that I would show you what I look like, did you?! Instead I covered this picture with almost an exact replica of my dress design...just made in Word's Paint program of course...some of the elements may appear a little different because of this! ;)

You can probably tell that I love the color pink so when my mom noticed a few beautiful pink blossoming trees there was no question that we needed to have some pictures nearby! Aren’t the pink blooms just amazing?!

After spending a lot of fabulous shooting time outside our “team” moved back inside the shoot location and took a few pictures by these amazing gothic windows and this vintage couch. They don’t look like much right now (especially considering you are only seeing a little snippet), but I have a feeling the pictures are going to be awesome!

Overall the day was AMAZING. Everything went so well. Originally I wasn’t going to have bridal portraits taken, but so far in the wedding process it has been one of the decisions that I am SO happy I made! I can’t wait for our photographer to send us the images and I can’t wait to show you all a few of the pictures after our wedding day!!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Queen for a Day -- Bridal Portrait Re-Cap