Flamingo Cookies

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I found a really cute cookie package last week complete with a flamingo cookie cutter. I thought the cookies would look SO cute with hot pink sugar sprinkles.

So I took a break from my scrap booking this weekend (I've almost finished my study abroad scrapbook!) and made the yummy sugar cookies. Really, sugar cookie dough is SUCH a pain, so after mixing it all up I popped it in the freezer & went to play some tennis with M. & my little sister C.

Two hours later the dough was the perfect consistency so I floured the counter & rolled it all out. The cookie cutter worked well, but the shape was so delicate so it took me a while to get them all set up, but once I did & they finished baking in the oven the cookies looked SO cute!!!!

I mixed up a little icing & frosted the birds. I thought they kind of looked like dinosaurs or kangaroos, but once they were all set up on the plate they looked PRECIOUS!! A few of the birds didn't actually make it through the entire process, so I had special amputee plate to display those....& there were also a few that spent a little too much time in the warm Florida sun....you can see those who have a bit of a tan!

I think my mom is going to make some for my graduation celebration so this was a nice run through of the flamingo cookie process!

I hope everyone has a "sweet" day!! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Flamingo Cookies