Chantecaille Voile de Rose Pressed Powder (limited edition)

Posted by follow me On 0 comments




I have several pressed powder compacts on my holy grail short list. All of them are of excellent quality- the finest texture that gives an airbrushed finish. The only issue is portability, because they are so delicate they crumble and break easily. On the other hand, a protective packaging that actually prevents damage can be much too heavy or bulky to fit into an evening clutch or even the inside pocket of a purse.

Chantecaille Voile de Rose is the perfect answer. The light as air powder is pressed into a miniature metallic compact that is sturdy enough to keep it safe but so small it really is ideal for a night out or your carry-on bag. The packaging is as elegant as the product inside and the embossed rose is beautiful. It looks like a lot of thought went into the size- it's tiny, but not too small to use with a good powder brush (there's a small flat sponge that comes in the black pouch, but I prefer to apply it with a fluffy tool like Edward Bess Luxurious Face Brush).

I don't have much experience with other face products from Chantecaille's regular line, so I can't compare them to Volie de Rose. All I can say is that this powder is top notch and gives my face a natural looking finish of a delicate glow with no shimmer. It settles on the face immediately and melds with anything I've used underneath with no caking.

Bottom Line: I hope it would be added to the regular line. It's too good to be a limited edition.

Chantecaille Voile de Rose Pressed Powder ($36) is currently available from chantecaille.com and at top department stores (though most of them are sold out online). I bought mine at Neiman Marcus.

All photos are mine.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Chantecaille Voile de Rose Pressed Powder (limited edition)