Ban on Restaurants & Other Ramblings

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I hope you all had a lovely weekend! It actually got kind of cold here which made me sad – I was content with all of the warm, sunny weather we were having -- I hope it comes back soon!

There are TWO MONTHS left until our wedding! This time is flying by, but things are getting accomplished in BIG PART thanks to my mom who has spent hours, days – MONTHS – working on wedding related projects to help make the big day special. I never realized how hard it would be to plan a wedding from far away and she has definitely spent a LONG time working to make this event beautiful!

Because we are now in the “home-stretch” so to speak, M. and I have decided to stop going out to eat until after the big day. We love going out to eat on the weekends, but in an effort to save a little money and to look great the day-of we will forgo any restaurant eating – except of course for the few times we will have to grab food on the road (going back and forth from DC to NC) and the few special occasions we have coming up.

Aside from that – this weekend I had to take apart my bridal bouquet that my florist made me for my bridal portraits. I don’t think I ever showed you what she came up with – a gorgeous mix of ranunculus, peonies, pale pink roses, garden roses, dahlias, and hydrangea. The ranunculus are my absolute favorite and although I am not a big fan of “pointy” flowers (my term for flowers such as Lilies), but I am really starting to love the pink tinted dahlias. You can see a photo of my bouquet to the left...what do you think?!

I think I mentioned in the post about my bridal portraits that a few of the flowers were silk, so last night I took apart the wilting bouquet, put the fakies in a bag to bring back to our florist and used the three “still kicking-it ranunculus” to fill my adorable hot pink Kate Spade vase that M. and I received as part of a shower gift! It’s really amazing how long ranunculus last and how a little vase of flowers makes a room that much prettier!

Have a great Monday! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Ban on Restaurants & Other Ramblings