A Productive Weekend/A Dress Mishap

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Happy Monday everyone! I hope that you all had a fabulous weekend – mine was extremely productive!! I left early from work on Friday so that M. and I could make the drive back to North Carolina and not arrive home extremely late.

The next morning my mom and I had a full schedule of wedding related appointments beginning with a stop at the dress alterations shop. Well….this was the one “down” point of the weekend. I visited this woman’s shop to have my dress altered because she came HIGHLY recommended by many of my mom’s friends. When we were there two weekends ago to have my fitting and to see what needed to be done to the dress I immediately made an appointment to come back (this past Saturday) to the shop to try the dress on and make sure no other changes needed to be made. When we showed up at our scheduled time, 9:30 am, she was in the back of the shop sewing what looked to be like my gown. She asked if there was any way we could come back in “about an hour”. So we decided to make our run by the church and just come back after that.

When we arrived back to the dress shop she brought my dress in the room and my mom came in to help me put it on….well….the hook at the top of the dress wouldn’t close….I hadn’t changed weight at all – nothing (in fact I have been working SO HARD to stay in good shape). She had taken my dress in more than an inch to much – immediately the look on my mom’s face had me bursting into tears. Obviously the most important part of the day is that M. and I will be getting married, but a bride’s dress is one of her most prized details of this entire event. I was SO angry with what this woman did to my dress and so worried that she had cut the fabric so that there would be no way for it to be fixed.

Thankfully she hadn’t and immediately said that she would fix it, but the damage was done and the experience with this woman was ruined. She took my measurements at my original appointment and pinned the dress where it needed to be taken in, but she clearly did not take enough time to carfeully measure out just how much would be needed to be taken in on each side. I literally could have screamed -- and I am very patient with our vendors (not that I have really needed to be up until this point) and I always try to make the best of any situation.

Well, after composing myself we handed the dress back over to her (not really sure why we did this – my mom and I must have been SO dazed from the situation) and left the shop to get a little fresh air/to get me away from that woman who I wanted to punch. We tried stopping by a local home store to take a break from it all, but couldn’t take our minds off of my dress so we decided it would be better to just go back to the shop and sit there until she was finished in case she needed me to try the dress on before finishing the sewing.

We ended up sitting in her shop for about an hour and half until she was finished. The dress is fine – it fits perfectly and I am still absolutely in love with it. My mom has been sewing for a VERY long time and the fabric of my dress is not extremely easy to work with which is why we decided to bring it to this woman instead of my mom working on it. We’re SO happy that my dress is OK and that there aren’t any needle marks from where the woman had to let the dress out again, but seriously, if I ever see this woman again I will have some choice words for her. My experiences with wedding vendors so far have been so positive and I am mad at her for making one experience that is SO special SO stressful. I am hoping that this will be the biggest disaster or this entire process!! :) **A woman did come in with her mom while we were sitting in the shop and said, "a store ruined my wedding dress and I need a new one and my wedding is on April 16th". WOAH! Things could be a lot worse for me**

On a happier note – we stopped by the church to check out where we would place our floral arrangements and stopped by our reception site to plan out where all of our tables would be placed. We also had an appointment with the florist and went over every single floral item that we will need for the ceremony, reception, etc. I LOVE our florist and I know that she’s going to do an amazing job. We also scheduled for her to have a bouquet put together for my bridal portraits on April 9th (coming up!).

My mom and I also discussed/have everything planned out for the out-of-town gift bags, the wedding favors and the guest book table!

I hope you all have a great work week -- stress free, for sure! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: A Productive Weekend/A Dress Mishap