Lent 2011 - What's Your Promise?

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Well how was everyone’s Fat Tuesday?! Our original plan was to eat something nice and healthy last night for dinner, but I was literally so exhausted (?!?!) that I decided we should go out to eat instead. We enjoyed our meal and then picked up a little Easter Candy on the way home…Cadbury Milk Chocolate Mini Eggs anyone?! (They are my absolute FAVORITE!).

Today though is the first day of Lent, and Ash Wednesday, and since the first question people usually ask about Lent, (aside from “What is Lent?”) is, “what are you giving up?" I figured I would go ahead and share with you my plan.

Last year I gave up sweets (you can see my post HERE) -- most specifically, Ciao Bella Key Lime ice cream/gelato (I was SO obsessed with it then) and to be completely honest, I did a terrible job. It's not that it was an overly "hard" thing for me to give up (which is also why I shouldn't have had it as my choice for Lent), but I just didn't remind myself on a daily basis WHY we choose something to give up each Lent which turned into me eating sweets "on occasion" throughout the season.

This year I've decided to give up something that will really be hard for me and not just something that is "convenient" to give up. This year for Lent I am giving up all red meat. Unfortunately I absolutely LOVE cheeseburgers and I eat them ALL.THE.TIME. I'm worried because I am afraid I will cheat, but I am going to do my absolute best to stay away from the temptation and really stick to my sacrifice.

What will you be giving up for Lent this year?!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Lent 2011 - What's Your Promise?