My "DREAM" Wedding

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Being truly immersed in the wedding planning process has caused me to dream about my wedding every so often. I've had a few funny dreams and a few very scary "wedding day" dreams, but last night's scary dream definitely takes the cake. I only remember small details, so I thought it would be funny to share some of the details of my "dream" wedding...

First off, my bridal ensemble -- I had the correct dress on and my hair and makeup was perfect, but I decided to accessorize with, no, not pearl earrings or a fabulous bracelet, but instead I was wearing a bathing suit top underneath my dress. Yes, I was wearing a bathing suit top -- in fact, I actually recognized the exact bathing suit too! It's a pale blue and yellow halter top printed with pale yellow bananas and starfruit -- my mom bought it for me circa 2003 -- and yes, I still wear it in the summer. Maybe the bathing suit/wedding dress combo is the next trend in bridal fashion?!

M. so kindly agreed to let me plan a June wedding despite having to study for the bar exam leading up to and the following weeks after our big day. Despite it being June, my "dream" wedding reception was accented by TONS of beautifully decorated gingerbread houses. I love gingerbread....in DECEMBER! Let's hope none of these yummy houses make an appearance on my real wedding day.

Flowers are very important to me, in fact, what girl doesn't love a beautiful bouquet of perfectly arranged blooms. Plus, I'm "Positively Preppy in Pink" and some fluffy pink flowers are right up my alley. Despite my love of beautiful floral arrangements in girly colors it turns out that at my "dream" wedding I ignored this preference and went with stick centerpieces. Yes, you read that correctly, the centerpieces at my "dream" wedding were made of wired together branches from the ground outside. If that's not the scariest thing you've ever heard, I don't know what is.

The tables and seating arrangements. This hasn't really been too difficult yet -- we'll wait and see closer to the wedding if there are any last minute drop-outs, but so far so good....except at my "dream" wedding this just wasn't the case at all. There were three tables - yes, THREE. Turns out most of our guests stood around the perimeter of the room...at least they could see the stick centerpieces really well from where they were standing.

Finally, who really cares about music anyway?! In my "dream" wedding the band forgot to show up...and I was perfectly OK with it (NOT!). M. and I had to do our first dance together to complete silence and you better believe it made for a GREAT party....yeahhhhhh.

So with 10 days to go, my fingers are SERIOUSLY crossed that none of these ridiculous happenings actually occur at my REAL dream wedding! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: My "DREAM" Wedding