Grandma's Pinkies

Posted by follow me On 0 comments

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy May Day to everyone! Today I have three pink items from my Grandmother. A portrait of a young woman made with pink ribbons, a platter with faded pink roses and a pink transferware pitcher made by Staffordshire depicting the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg, Virginia. These items were favorites of my Grandmother and they are treasures for me.


This platter was given to my Grandmother by her own Mother. It is quite old and the glazing is cracked, but to me that makes it even more dear. It has been well loved and has served many a family meal over the generations.


I love the delicate pink roses on the rim. There is also a slight scallop which
I think is very charming.


Here is the pitcher. The glazing on this piece is cracked as well making it look a bit discolored on the rim and handle. My Grandmother could trace her roots back to Mary Ball Washington and she was a great lover of the history of our nation.



Grandma had this picture in her bedroom. It was one of her favorites, and it's one of mine too. Thank you so much for visiting me today and thank you to our lovely hostess Beverly! Be sure to visit her blog How Sweet the Sound for her Pink Saturday presentation and all of the other participants as well. Be sure to pick up a copy of Artful Blogging and see Beverly's site listed. It's a great honor! Until next time, have a wonderful weekend with those you love!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Grandma's Pinkies