A Few Fun Things -- Week of April 26th

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I’m hard at work in the office today tying up loose ends on different projects, but I wanted to share with you a few special things that happened this week before I take off for North Carolina for my very special bridal shower!

First exciting thing, we received our very first “wedding” gift from my lovely Aunt D., Uncle J. and their family – a beautiful, shiny, "Martha Stewart blue" Kitchen Aid mixer!!! I have been dying to have this mixer now that I have really started to cook and bake! Well, actually, the cooking and baking has been put on hold until after the wedding for the sake of M. and my exercise and diet plan, but believe me, as soon as we are husband and wife I will be whipping up something special for him in this blue beauty! Many, many thanks to the W. family for this thoughtful and very generous gift!

We received another special delivery this week as well -- an invitation to our wedding! HA! I really wanted to have one addressed to us as a keepsake so that I remember the calligraphy (which I think our calligrapher did an absolutely FABULOUS job!) and have all of the pieces to the invitation set. My mom had one put in the mail for us! Also, I mentioned in my post about the invitations that the corners were rounded -- I don't know what I was thinking -- they don't have rounded corners -- those were on another version we looked at -- wedding product overload ya think?! :) Don't they look great though?! In my photos you can see the raised gold & our pretty duo-gram!!

The other big happening this week was that M. sent off his bar application!! His last day of school was yesterday…at least I think it will be his last day of school…he has his undergraduate degree, a master’s from Vanderbilt and now a soon-to-be JD – I’m thinking I need to go back to school just so our future kids [think WAY in the future] think mom is as smart as dad.

M. has been working to send this application in for a while now. There are so many parts and pieces that he needed to get together in order to have a completed packet…things like a driving record and fingerprints?! Who knew becoming a lawyer would be so difficult! I’m really excited for him and I think he’s starting to get really excited now too – it’s all getting very real!

When I think back to setting the date for our wedding, well, I must have been crazy … poor M. is going to graduate at the end of May, start his bar prep classes the following day, get married on June 19th, and continue to study/take bar prep until July when he will take the bar exam. Woah! That’s a lot going on if you ask me – lots of milestones all right in a row for my guy! I’m happy that we’re getting married when we are though – I didn’t want to have a fall or winter wedding – I’m thankful for a guy that doesn’t mind a hectic schedule!

I also wanted to mention that I really appreciate all of your comments on my blog each day. I love hearing from all of you and have found so much joy in this “blogging community.”

I had the sweetest comment on my blog the other day. This reader mentioned that she’s been reading my blog and that she is planning her wedding to her fiancée with only 6 months planning time! Because the reader is anonymous I just wanted to say thank you for your comment, it really made my day, and good luck with your planning! I don’t typically blog about any of the “stressful” parts of this process (even though there certainly have been a handful of stressful moments) because I like to see the positive in situations and I want to remember this entire experience as a fun and exciting time. I just want this reader to know that even with only 6 months to plan – the most important thing is that you’ve found “the one” and you’re getting married!!!! While everyone wants to have that “picture-perfect wedding,” and while there is a lot of work that goes into planning and preparing for a marriage/wedding, everything will certainly fall into place and be fabulous! So when you get stressed or there is something that brings you down…just think about how happy you’ll be on your wedding day, when you’ve just married your best friend, walking down the aisle in front of your family and friends, perfect (flowers, food, table linens, hair, music) or not, it will all be worth it!

So that is what’s going on in these parts…I hope you all have a fabulous Derby weekend and I will be back on Monday with a recap of my bridal shower and hopefully some pretty photos to show all of you!

Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: A Few Fun Things -- Week of April 26th