Wedding Inspiration a la Martha

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I posted THIS about the color scheme for the wedding and wanted to share with you two “inspiration” photos for the bridesmaid’s bouquets and reception décor. Our color scheme is very neutral – Gray, pale pale pink and peach, and lots of cream.

Thanks to Martha Stewart for this little gem that I’ve had lying around my apartment for a while now. There are two pictures that I absolutely FELL in LOVE with. The first picture is a gorgeous pale pink and peach bouquet – this is EXACTLY what I want for my bridesmaids to carry on the big day minus the yellow flowers which will be replaced by cream flowers. One of the florists I originally visited with mentioned that she HATES when brides don’t add any greenery in their floral arrangements. I on the other hand love the look of a fluffy bouquet of flowers with very little green and I plan on having it that way for my girl’s bouquets and for my bouquet. The centerpieces at the reception will most likely have a little bit of greenery, but what’s so wrong with wanting a centerpiece full of GORGEOUS flowers?!

This is the second picture that I love. M. and I will be getting married on almost the longest day of the entire year so we’re not really going to need “candlelight” until late. Even though this is the case I still want votives on the reception tables. In Martha’s picture she actually wrapped the candle holder with different shades of rice paper. Well, turns out rice paper is kind of expensive and I haven’t been able to find it in the colors I would want so instead of wrapping the votive holders we are going to order colored votive candles (most likely pale pink and pale peach) and place them in frosted votive holders (to get that “diffused light” look) and clear votive holders. We’re also trying to find some that are a little bit taller so that there is some variety of height on the table, but I’ve had such a hard time finding these! If anyone knows where a good place to order votive holders (with lots of different sizes) is, let me know!!

That’s all for today! Have a great Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Wedding Inspiration a la Martha