My Friday Nine

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I am so thrilled that it is Friday and luckily for me, this week absolutely flew by! Rather than a wordy post for today I give you my "Friday 9".
  • It's going to be in the 70's today in NYC. I am SO HAPPY. On my commute to work today I only wore my light trench coat...and really, I didn't even need it. It's so warm and wonderful outside - I wish it would stay this beautiful forever.
  • It’s happened people – I’ve started to get sick of my short hair cut. I know it’s good to have a change once in a while and I’m still glad that I got the hair cut, but I’m really missing being able to pull my hair up in a ponytail – I’m a ponytail kind of girl. I’m going to try and channel my inner Amber Valetta a la Hitch and try to stick this out until it grows out. Any tips for making your hair grow faster?!
  • Everyday at work we have a different lunch vendor available and Friday is my favorite day. I don’t buy lunch any other day of the week, but I get so excited when Friday rolls around so that I can get this delicious salad that is offered. I’m lame, I realize this.
  • This weekend I am dealing with the stacks of “to sell” and “to giveaway” clothing that I made last weekend. I’m going to go pick up flat rate boxes to ship some of it away and I’m going to set up some ebay listings to get rid of the rest. It’d be super nice if the ebay items go for decent amounts….I have my eye on some fun spring frocks…yes, I said frocks.
  • This week I received an email from Bed Bath & Beyond with their usual 20% off coupon. I fully intend on using it this weekend although I must say, the Bed Bath & Beyond in NYC is the CRAZIEST place I have EVER entered in my life. I know what you’re thinking – “Bed Bath & Beyond is ALWAYS crazy,” but no….the NYC store takes the cake. There are SO MANY people and they all seem to be in a mad rush to buy organizational supplies and command hooks. We going to be purchasing either a digital scale (I cannot stand the scale we have now) or a medium-plastic-storage-drawer-tower-unit to house some of the items we don’t use on a regular basis which will fit perfectly behind our couch. Hey, it’s NYC, you have to use every square foot (or inch) you pay for.
  • I think this weekend we’re going to taste test a new cupcake shop in the city. I’ll be sure to report back to you the results of said test. I still haven’t tried the infamous Crumbs bakery, but I’ve actually heard mixed reviews on their goods. I’ll get around to that one eventually.
  • I’m also going to be taste testing Shake Shacks Saturday flavor for this month – Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel. Yum.
  • There are some exciting things coming up for this spring/summer. My parents are coming for a visit, my brother in-law will be graduating from college, my husband’s grandparents will be celebrating a milestone anniversary, and I have some other small trip plans in the works. I’m excited to start doing things again. Last year was filled with so much traveling and so many fun activities – I need some traveling and fun activities in my life again.
  • Funny married moment: My phone is SO OLD. I’ve had it literally since my sophomore year of college. I just don’t really care very much about upgrading my electronics. I lost my original charger a long time ago so I bought a replacement “universal” charger from Best Buy about a year and a half ago. When you plug it in it makes a very weird “ssssssssssssssss” noise for about 10 minutes, stops for another 10 and then starts again. Last night I went to bed around 11 and M. came to bed around 1. I woke up at one point and saw my husband getting out of bed and slowly walking to my side of the bed (in a very slow, creeping, tip toe manner). I saw him bend down slightly to try and see what the noise was at which point I spoke up and said – “it’s my phone charger” and he responded with “I thought it was a bug or something!” HA. I guess you had to be there, but I’m laughing out loud as I type this.
Happy Friday/Weekend everyone! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: My Friday Nine