Little Moments: House Beautiful - PINK issue

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Moments that make me really love being married to and living with my best friend....

Last night I was sitting in bed reading the latest issue of House Beautiful...the PINK issue (which is TOTALLY AWESOME by the way) and was dreaming about all of the fun decorating I will do when we someday have a house or at least a "purchased" place. I'm not really motivated to go all out decorating our current place since it is just being rented and I don't want to put in the time or the money to make our current place AMAZING when I know that we won't be there long term...or at least as of now we're thinking we won't be in this place long term.

So M. was sitting with me in the bed and every two seconds I was turning the magazine his way and showing him all of the things I wanted to do...apparently we're going to have four pink rooms in our future place, a pink front door and copious amounts of pink home accessories. I had a feeling I wasn't going to get an overwhelming, "that sounds WONDERFUL A." type response, but I still thought maybe he'd be open to some of my pink dreams. Not so much.

My favorite was when I started making plans for the" dining room". I laughed and laughed over the fact that M. got "worked up" when I told him I wanted to paint our future dining room raspberry pink. He said, "NO WAY! I am NOT eating my Thanksgiving dinner in a PINK dining room!" Are we really going to someday have a dining room painted pink? - Of course not (but maybe?!), but I still got a kick out of pretending I wanted one. And of course I did remind him that when we do have our "place" I will certainly be the one in charge of all of the decorating. M. agreed.

I must say though, the PINK issue of House Beautiful is just that - BEAUTIFUL. There are so many AMAZING pink inspirations, fun accessories, and the pink rooms that they showcase really are GORGEOUS...as in, I want every single one of them to be mine. If you have the chance to pick up this issue -- do it!

Even though I won't be painting our future dining room pink, there was one room that really caught my eye...and it's my new inspiration for a future office space. Luckily M. agreed to me having a pink room of my own in our fictitious house. I can't wait! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Little Moments: House Beautiful - PINK issue