Cookie Cravings

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Let’s talk baking today.

I want to tell you about a delicious cookie. It’s a chocolate cookie that is soft and chewy but also has a slight crisp. It’s filled with a mix of chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. It’s honestly one of the most delicious cookies that I’ve ever had…and the only place where I’ve been able to get them is my Alma Mater. Yup – my University introduced me to this cookie my freshman year of college in every dining hall and at every campus event. I was SO EXCITED when M. graduated from Law School not just bbecause it was a HUGE accomplishment and because I was so proud for him being finished or because he's just plain awesome, but because I was absolutely positive that these cookies would be served…and I was right. My brother in law can attest to this, I was literally DOWNING these chocolate-chocolate chip-white chocolate chip cookies every chance I got....night before graduation reception....five cookies (at least), reception after the graduation ceremony...I'll say another 5 (even though they were all starting to melt in the 80 degree weather). Caught in the act: Check out the photo taken of me at M.’s graduation reception….proof that I am obsessed with these cookies....and often have ridiculously goofy expressions.

So last night I was in the mood for a little baking and since my lovely husband stopped by the store for me yesterday, I was able to try to recreate these glorious morsels of chocolate heaven. I’ve actually never made a “chocolate” cookie so I decided to go to the expert…I whipped out my Cookies book by Martha Stewart and flipped to the “Milk Chocolate” cookie recipe. **Don't you like how I used my two pound weights to keep the book open?! Maybe I should invest in a book stand....at least I've been working on keeping my arms somewhat sculpted and not eating cookies all day everyday...**

I made half of the batch with just plain milk chocolate chips (for the hubster) and the other half with milk chocolate AND white chocolate. Unfortunately these cookies fell short – they didn’t taste like my beloved cookies from EU, but they weren’t completely terrible either...they were pretty good. I unfortunately also have the problem of baking things and then only wanting to taste a small sample. I ended up having a cookie and a half and I am done with them now...craving gone (I wish my cravings would instantly dissapear after only a bite of burgers and fries...sigh!). Hopefully M. will eat the rest of the cookies that are now just hanging out….otherwise I REALLY need to start halving all of the baking recipes that I make from now on. **(Please excuse my blurry pictures...I only had a lamp on in the living room, so my lighting was terrible)**

And the quest continues to find the perfect recipe for these amazing cookies…I think maybe I shouldn’t have used milk chocolate chips and instead should have gone with regular semi-sweet chips…hmmm….

Anyone have any tips or tricks for me?! Anyone ever had cookies like what I've described?!

Tuesday, Tuesday....


0 comments:

Post a comment on: Cookie Cravings