Bridesmaid Accessories

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I consider myself to be a pretty “crafty” person and I clearly learned it all from my Mother who really is a creative genius. The reason why I bring this up....let me please show you the beautiful accesories she crafted for my bridesmaids....

I originally had planned for my bridesmaids to wear pale pink silk sashes with their dresses until I had a very hard time finding a “pink” that I really liked. I also thought about it and decided that a pale pink sash might make them look a little “young” and the image of an adorable flower girl with a fluffy pink bow kept coming to mind. So I decided NOT to do the pale pink sashes, but instead my mom found a great gray colored silk that works well with the gray of the dresses. The colors are not exactly spot-on, but the color of the sashes will give the dresses a nice tone-on-tone effect.

When my mom and I visited the Atlanta Gift Market over the summer (posted about HERE) we picked up the most FABULOUS pins to accent the sashes (even though we hadn’t yet found the silk to make them!). We also decided that it would be really pretty to monogram the “tails” of the sashes with each girl’s monogram. I chose a very pale pink thread which I think keeps the sashes very sophisticated and “grown up”. My mom went to work on the sashes and they look absolutely beautiful!!!

My mom sent me these photos of the monogrammed sashes with the accent pins (mirror shots of course, which is why the monogram is backwards!). I love the way that the tails are long and even though they are tied in bows I don't think that they look "little girl" at all! And we really could not have picked a better pin -- they fit in with the look perfectly!
I am beyond impressed with how professional and GOREGOUS these look!! Many, many thanks to my mom for using her creative skills to make these fabulous! Now I can’t wait to see the girl’s entire ensemble all put together the day of!!

**The shoes that the girls are wearing are the peep toe with th
e rosette (shown on the right) and their gray silk dress I chose from Banana Republic. **

Things are really coming together now!!! (Good thing too, because time is beginning to run out!) I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Bridesmaid Accessories