Review: Yaby Liquid Foundation

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Sarah and I were introduced to Yaby Cosmetics at the IMATS this year. Yaby was founded by Canadian makeup artist Liz Yu, who was looking to condense her makeup kit. And Yaby's products are condensed - they make palettes which hold 40 eyeshadows in small dots, and their liquid foundation comes in small 8ml tubes.

The foundation is described as "unbelievably natural", which is an accurate description - once applied, it looks just like skin; not too matte but not dewy, and not at all powdery, as you can see from the blended swatch below. It's very spreadable and easy to apply, and a small dot will cover the entire face. I would describe it as a light coverage foundation; it evens out the skintone beautifully but doesn't cover blemishes - you will definitely need a separate concealer for those.

I purchased the "vanilla" shade, which is the palest pink-toned shade, according to Yaby's website. It is a very good match for my NC15 pale, cool toned skin. There are five shades available in yellow tones, five in pink tones, two in neutral tones, and a further six corrector shades (white, peach, green, lilac, blue, and pink). Furthermore, while the petite tube of foundation contains 8ml - 8.5ml of product, there's space for 12ml, so that in-between shades can be mixed in the tube.

After a day's wear, my skin still looks pretty much as it did just after application; I don't really get a lot of oiliness breaking through this. It's something I'll reach for when my skin is generally in good condition, and I imagine it'll be great in the summer. I also really like the fact that the product is in a small tube; for those of us who switch foundations regularly, there's a lot less product to waste should you not use it all that often; it sometimes takes me a year to get through a regular size bottle of foundation.

If you'd like to try Yaby's liquid foundation for yourself, you can find it at the Makeup Artist Boutique, where it will cost you £8.99 - a mid-range price given the size of the tube. You can get 10% off your first order if you use the code FIRSTORDER.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Review: Yaby Liquid Foundation