Our Wedding Day in Film

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I am so excited to tell you about the videographer we booked for our wedding on June 19th!! Really, I shouldn’t even call what he does “video” instead I will use the term straight from his web site….”impressionistic cinematography”.

I saw one of Andy’s films on the wedding blog Style Me Pretty many, many months ago, in fact it was July 21 to be exact. I absolutely fell in love with his style – his videos are SO romantic and heartfelt – not cheesy or posed at all. I love the way everything is just very natural – he simply documents the events of the day, but then edits them and adds music that transforms the footage into a masterpiece – it’s like your own little wedding movie! We decided to go with a 16mm package with some digital footage included. I like the 16mm film because it has somewhat of a vintage-y romantic feel to it. I am beyond thrilled with this decision and I know that Andy will produce an amazing memento of our most special day. I know that it will be something I will cherish for many years to come and someday when I have a child and they ask me what my wedding day was like I can not only show them gorgeous still images, but also video of mom and dad saying their vows.

Since my first email to Andy in July he has been nothing less than extremely helpful. He's answered all of my questions, given me suggestions about the day-of, and helped us decide on the package that was right for us. I cannot wait to see what he comes up with from our wedding day!

You must check out Andy’s web site, Portal Films, and watch the video that is shown when you click on “enter gallery” – it’s the video that made me absolutely fall in love with his work! Here's the link....

PORTAL FILMS

Also, thanks to that video I think I know what I want my hair to look like on the big day! Two birds with one stone….kind of, right?! Have a great day everyone! I'm excited because my mom and sister are coming to visit which means more wedding planning, shopping and eating at some fun restaraunts!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Our Wedding Day in Film