Meltdown?!

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Dear Body,

Yes, I am talking to you. Now that I have officially (really, really, I mean it this time, not kidding around) started working you out again in an attempt to get you back into the shape you were in circa June 2010 you really must start to cooperate with me.

Sincerely, Me

So last Thursday evening I decided it was time to break out the Jillian Michael’s Yoga Meltdown for the first time. I popped it into the DVD player and got to work…..for about 10 seconds. I haven’t practiced yoga in a LONG TIME. One summer (pre- my summer’s filled with internships) my mom and I would get up every morning at 6:30 am to make it to a 7 am yoga class. I loved doing yoga and could actually see a difference in the way my body looked after practicing day after day (and this was after freshman year of college which meant I was about 50 pounds [OK, a bit of an exaggeration] too heavy). So I figured that I would be able to get back into “yoga” relatively quickly, and I thought to myself, “I love Jillian’s 30 Day Shred, why not try her “fast paced” yoga video to mix it up a bit.” WOAH. I wish that thought never crossed my mind.

I started out the yoga video pretty fine – some stretches to warm up and a few quick movements. I figured that level one would start out pretty slow. WRONG. After about the first 10 (OK, let’s be honest, 5) minutes I was sitting on my butt just watching the video. It was really hard. Then again, it was my first shot at the video, and the first time that I tried level one of the shred that was hard too. So I figured I would let that be my “learning” session to watch the moves and to see how the flow worked. The next day my hip/leg was feeling funny and sure enough I must have pulled some muscle while I was actually attempting some of the moves. Since that evening I’ve been walking around with a limp…although now it has gotten much better. Awesome.

Yesterday morning I was up at 6 am to run before work and had planned to do “the shred” upon returning home from work. **Let me just say it – as much as I LOVE getting my running finished in the morning and as much as I LOVE the boost of energy that it gives me for my day – I REALLY HATE getting up that early in the dead of winter. It’s SO DARK OUTSIDE and all I want to do is catch one more hour of sleep. So yesterday I was good and got up and this morning I succumbed to the warmth of my down comforter. Of course I woke up around 7 and still felt just as sleepy as I had when my alarm woke me up at 6. I should have just gotten up, but I’m not going to beat myself up about it. Tomorrow it is!**

Anyway, back to my story….or um…post. So yesterday I came home from work and immediately got to work. The Shred it was and it really wasn’t all that bad. Despite cutting my workouts down to a minimum following the wedding (which I told myself I wouldn’t do!) it seems I still bounce back quickly to the working out mode and I’m already feeling better about getting back to where I want to be!

But wait! I thought I may watch the Jillian Yoga video again last night to continue learning the moves….well after months of waiting to finally buy it (and instead of buying it, but actually getting it as a Christmas present this year from my sweet hubby) I realized it was gone. Gone?! Yep, remember how we installed that new Blu-ray player from M.’s parents?! Well, the only thing our old DVD player would still play was my workout DVD’s…and unfortunately Jillian Yoga-so-hard-all-you-want-to-do-is-eat-a-cookie got thrown out. We forgot to check the old DVD player to see if there was anything in it before tossing it out. Oops! (Said with a big smile on my face!) I’m seriously considering whether or not I want to spend another $9 now that I know what would be in store for me! EEK!

Happy Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Meltdown?!