Illamasqua polish contest winners and purchases

Posted by follow me On 0 comments

Earlier this year, Illamasqua ran a competition, asking entrants to provide inspiration for two new shades of nail polish. As you can see from the picture above, they ended up picking three winners, whose designs will be transformed into Shrapnel, Raindrops, and Eclipse. Here are the descriptions from Illamasqua -

* Shrapnel by Loren Perry – a pink-based metallic copper inspired by the dazzling shine of a new penny.

* Raindrops by Ann Black – a creamy pale grey with a sheer silver sparkle inspired by watching raindrops running down the window while riding the monorail in Seattle.

* Eclipse by Dami Lawal – a deep grey/purple blue that reflects the theatricality of a lunar eclipse 


 Is "theatricality" a word? Not sure. They all look very nice in any case.

Illamasqua also advised me that my entry into the competition made the top 50, which was very nice to hear, and they sent me a 25% discount voucher as a runner up prize. Hooray!
I thought it would only be polite to make use of my voucher with a little online shopping. I picked up nail polish in Nudge (a pale blue from the quartet of pastel cremes that were released this spring), Velocity (a dirty mid-violet creme) and eyeshadow in Intense (matte deep teal) which had been on my wishlist for over a year.



Very pleased with them all, although my teeth did gnash slightly when I saw how similar Nudge was to my cheap-as-chips Boots 17 Mint Choc Chip polish. It was, as I initially feared, dupeable. Whatever though. The bottle is nicer.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Illamasqua polish contest winners and purchases