Mother's Day 2010

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers out there, but more importantly (well, this is my blog!), Happy Mother's Day to MY fabulous mother! For this post I decided to include a couple of "oldie" photos that I have on my computer.

I really just love my mom. We've been through our ups and downs, but in the end none of the "downs" ever matter. I love that I have a close relationship with my mom -- I tell her pretty much everything. She's always been extremely encouraging, loving, a shoulder to cry on, someone I can laugh with.

This year has been an interesting one for sure -- we've been in wedding planning mode of course! Typically, we agree on most everything "design" related, so I figured this wedding planning process would be easy as pie. Well...I've found out we don't agree on EVERY design related element...which has been fine, but has made for some funny moments.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- the beautiful things that we're going to have at our wedding are in large part thanks to the creativity and hard work of my mother. She's the most creative person that I know and she's definitely come up with some beautiful elements that will grace our wedding reception. A wedding isn't everything, but through this planning process I have learned a lot more about my mom and the way that she works. I've also confirmed the fact that I don't know what I would do without her! She's the best and she's my mom! :)

Now let's examine some of these photos...

1st Photo: My family at my First Holy Communion when I was in second grade. My mom MADE my entire First Communion dress -- this photo really doesn't do it justice. It was GORGEOUS. I may just have to name one of future daughters (I hope!) with an "A" name so that she can wear this same dress at her First Communion. The dress was so beautifully made that the company she bought all of the lace detailing from featured her work (and me!) in a magazine ad -- they used my professionally taken "First Communion" photos.

2nd Photo: New Years Eve 1999! My mom is so pretty! :)

3rd Photo: My 8th Grade Graduation -- Yes, I realize now that a "center part" in my hair was a terrible decision. I remember when my mom bought me this "rose" dress. When I was much younger I used to say to my mom..."Why did you name me A.?! A. is such an ugly name! I wish you would've named me something pretty like Rose." Well, thank GOD she didn't name me Rose. Let's be honest...I couldn't help myself...at the time I was obsessed with Disney's Beauty and the Beast and that wilting rose in the glass case had an influence on me!

4th Photo: I realize my mom isn't actually present in this photo, but her beautiful Barbie-Cake creation is! No lie, my mom invented the Barbie-Cake. She made this one for my birthday party at a gymnastics gym -- the little girls didn't know what to do with themselves -- I'm pretty sure every single one of them wanted one of those cakes after my birthday party and I'm pretty sure each and every one of their moms called my mom trying to hire her as baker extraordinaire.

5th Photo: My mom throws great parties and this was one of them. For my high school graduation we held a Mother/Daughter Tea and let me tell you -- it was a hit. Everything from the food to the decor was absolutely beautiful.

6th Photo: Trip to Prague!

7th Photo: My fabulous Mother!!!

Happy Mothers Day, Mom! I love you! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Mother's Day 2010