The Reception Tasting

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Ahh….the reception tasting. I really do wish we could go back and do it all over again. I really had no idea what to expect – would they let us try everything?! I now know why brides often say this is one of the best parts of the wedding planning process.

Our tasting was AWESOME! We arrived at 1:00 pm on April 10th, 2010 and the event coordinator at the club immediately led us to a private table. My fiancée and I did the tasting with my mom and dad (we had to share the excitment!). The head chef of the club came out to greet us and to explain how the tasting would run. He explained to us that he was going to present each course just the way it would be served at our reception including the passed hors d'oeuvres for the cocktail hour. He then went through each of the items that my mom and dad had picked and explained how each was prepared and the ingredients used.

Then came the food…and boy, was it delicious! I am not going to give away anything too specific about our menu, but the butler passed hor’derves cover each type of snack you may want – we have something savory, something cool & crisp, something a bit spicy, but summery, and something that is crunchy! Literally I was wowed by all of the things that we tried. The events director made sure to mention that once the cocktail hour has begun me and M. will have our own little private room where they will bring in a tray full of all of the cocktail hour foods and anything at all that we want to drink. I’m excited about this because I was a little bit bummed about not being a part of the cocktail hour!

Next came the salad – it was so beautiful! The colors on the plate are going to be perfect for the time of year and the taste is amazing too! A few notable parts of the salad – delicious candied pecans with a hint of cayenne and beautiful sun ripened peaches!

The chef then brought out our entrees. I was actually surprised that we each got our own full meal – for some reason I was thinking that they would bring out one dish for us all to try together – but I certainly wasn’t complaining because I had been looking forward to this little event! Again, I don’t want to give too much away (I think some of my extended family members may read my blog), but we decided to go with a chicken dish based on the time of year and the other items that we selected for the menu. The plating of this dish is also beautiful and again, I couldn’t be happier with the decision because it is absolutely delicious!

Finally, we “arrived” at the dessert portion of the tasting. WOW – that is really all that I can say. We tried four different items and let me just say that we are scaling back the grooms cake and the wedding cake just so that we can make room to include this special “dessert something” into our menu. I was sad when I finished my dessert options because I could have eaten SO much more (even after the full meal!). I wanted to include some pictures from the tasting, but of course I didn't want to give away any surprises! The bows and hearts will just have to do for now! :)

As you all know (if you read my blog) I am a bit obsessed with all things food -- going out for meals is probably one of my favorite things! So I am beyond excited about our menu selection for our wedding reception and I think that our crowd will really enjoy everything that we picked!!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: The Reception Tasting