Gowns & Gab

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
So I don’t typically do a big review of the fashions from awards shows on my blog, but this time I wanted to point out a few of my favorites from the Oscars the other night. First off – Sandra Bullock wearing Vera Wang. I thought that she looked absolutely gorgeous. That color red on her natural, fair skin looks amazing. I would L.O.V.E to wear this gown somewhere! Another stunner in red (or really a red-ish orange) was Jennifer Hudson. Although the style of the dress wasn’t really my taste, she looked absolutely amazing. Can you believe how different she looks now that she’s lost weight?! I thought she looked positively radiant!

I know that a lot of people weren’t a fan of Cate Blanchett’s gown and to be honest, I really didn’t care for the odd chartreuse accent beading, but without that I really thought she looked beautiful. Her simple blonde hair, creamy skin and the fresh “spring” color of her dress…I was actually a fan. Holy Moly Hellen Mirren! She looks AMAZING. She carries herself just beautifully and although her dress choice wasn’t anything outrageous or overly daring she certainly looked stunning.

Hailee Steinfeld from True Grit wearing Marchesa looked so perfectly sweet. It appears the “neutrals” are making their way back into the circuit again. I probably would have done without the headband, but she’s young so it totally works. Finally, I’m not really the biggest fan of Matthew McConaughey, but his girlfriend Camila Alves hit a home run with her Giorgio Armani gown. Yes, it is black and yes, I know that some people may think it’s a “boring” choice, but most of the time I am all about simplicity and the deep V neckline and the cinched in waist look gorgeous….especially with the sleek and simple hair and those show stopping diamond drop earrings – I want this whole ensemble!

And moving on...

Last night I wanted to stay up to watch the new Bethenny show on BRAVO, but since I have been trying to be in bed (attempting) to sleep by 10pm each night I decided that it would be better to just record and watch later. After my run this morning I lounged on the couch and watched the episode while my hair set in hot rollers (I tried out a new-do today….wavy short hair…which I am definitely digging right now!). I love watching Bethenny's shows -- I think she is so entertaining and of course I admire the business she’s built all on her own. Pretty impressive – I am all about women doing big things these days. Do you all remember when she was on MS’s Apprentice?! I never actually watched this season of The Apprentice, but I kind of wished I had! Either way, I’m looking forward to keeping up with this new show…it should definitely be entertaining -- Bethenny's daughter is so adorable and now that I’m living in New York it will be even more fun to watch the show to see all of the places that I know!

Happy Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Gowns & Gab