Pick of the IMATS

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
With under two weeks to go until IMATS begins, and the exhibitor list growing evermore, I'm starting to get excited. Not only are there some interesting brands exhibiting, there are some fantastic speakers scheduled - here's a summary of what I'm most looking forward to.

First and foremost, I can't wait to have a look at OCC's Lip Tars. Halfway between lipstick and gloss, these colours are painted on with a brush, and then dry down to a long lasting finish. They come in a huge variety of shades; you could literally mix up any colour under the rainbow. Although OCC do ship to the UK, I believe this is the first time we've been able to actually see them without purchasing on our shores.

If you have any interest in SFX makeup, a speaker list that includes Tom Savini, Bill Corso, and Neill Gorton cannot fail to pique your interest. Their film credits include Gladiator, Dawn of the Dead and the Grinch; these presentations are sure to be fascinating insights into the world of SFX makeup and prosthetics. My first-choice career was to be a SFX makeup artist - unfortunately it wasn't to be - so I can't wait to hear these guys speak.

A whole heap of professional focused brands and suppliers will be in attendance, including Yaby, Eve Pearl, and Charles Fox. There are also some brush suppliers in the form of Crown Brush, Royal Brush, and Hakuhodo - who sell hand-made Japanese brushes. Plenty of opportunity to discover some unusual products you won't find in the high street or at the beauty counter, which is a big pull for me - I'm starting to feel like a lot of the major lines are releasing the same products over and over again.

I'm also very much looking forward to meeting up with some of the large number of beauty bloggers who'll be there. And of course, Sarah and I will be reporting back (probably in great detail).

If you'd like to go too, tickets are still available and will cost you between £33 - £60.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Pick of the IMATS