My Wedding Shoes

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
While (we’re/I) am waiting for the engagement party pictures I figured I would show you my wedding shoes!

Every girl loves a beautiful pair of heels – and I am no different. I am 5’9 and my fiancée is not too much taller…he’s around 6’0. While I was incredibly thankful to have found such a handsome and tall man (it always seems like the petite girls nab the super tall boys – boo for that!) it proved to be not so nice during my wedding shoe search.

Obviously I would LOVE to slip into a gorgeous pair of Manolo’s, Louboutins, or Valentino’s on my wedding day, but unfortunately the designers of these drool worthy shoes decided to leave out us tall women by making the heels anywhere from 3.5 inches to 5 inches high. And let me just make this very clear -- I am NOT one of those girls who won’t wear heels even though I may end up appearing taller than my man – I absolutely love heels, but on my wedding day I would prefer to avoid the "Amazon Woman" look. I mean really, I don’t want the picture of our first kiss to be me leaning down to kiss M.!!!

So while these shoes are all beautiful I was on the search for something with a more modest heel height – think 1.5 to 2 inches. This (not surprisingly) proved to be incredibly difficult – especially as I tried on my favorite shoe (the hot pink Louboutin style shown to the left except in the white satin). Since we’re all friends here (and because I am positive that I am no bridezilla) I will admit that I cried one night to M. about the fact that no one makes pretty “wedding worthy” shoes that have small heels. As pitiful as I was, I picked my sorry self up and kept on with the search. I decided to browse Endless.com one afternoon and came across (to my surprise!) a beautiful pair of shoes that had a perfectly perfect low heel. I ordered them right away (two pairs so that I could be sure I had a perfect fit).

When they came in the mail I was absolutely giddy! They are the perfect wedding shoes – they go with my dress wonderfully and they have just the right amount of detail without being over the top or “non-bridal” -- crisp white satin, an actual silk ribbon bow, scallop edge detailing and a pretty little jewel to top it off (just in case you're wondering, they are by Shannon Britt). Sorry about the poor photo quality...the website only has "little" pictures to download.

I know it is a big trend these days to wear colored shoes with your wedding dress, but I am just not a fan of it – I mean, I’m going to be married in a very traditional Catholic church – can you picture me walking down the isle in my beautiful gown and then all of a sudden a giant (size 9.5) pink foot pops out?! Me neither – I’m leaning towards a more classic look.

So I bet you all know what I’ll be wearing on my footsies for the rehearsal dinner right?! Yep, you bet – buying a GORGEOUS pair of ridiculously beautiful designer shoes in whatever color I want...hmmm, who to choose?! Louboutin, Manolo, Valentino?! So many options....

I hope you all had a fabulous Wednesday! See you tomorrow! :)

**All images taken from NeimanMarcus.com & Endless.com**

0 comments:

Post a comment on: My Wedding Shoes