A Bunch of Brunch

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Happy new workweek!

Another relaxing weekend in these parts. M. didn’t end up getting here until late Friday evening so after my workout I decided to snuggle up on the couch and watch Julie and Julia. I had actually started to watch that movie a long time ago at my parent’s house, but never did finish it. Of course I started it from the beginning – such a cute movie! I loved it although I was expecting a different kind of ending.

Saturday morning we decided we were in the mood for brunch. We made our way to a restaurant not too far from our place. M. enjoyed sausage and grits and a yummy biscuit. I had a breakfast sandwich with a great side salad. We also split a side of bacon which was quite yummy! After brunch we made our way to Home Depot to pick up a few things for the apartment. Home Depot in the middle of New York City is the funniest thing – although I actually find that it’s even MORE organized and that the people working there are SUPER nice and helpful.

We picked up the goods and headed home, but not before a quick stop by the Duane Reed for a few other necessities – including a little chocolate for M. and some gummy bears for me (OK, to be honest, I got chocolate too!) :) When we got home we decided to watch The Queen, which I hadn’t seen yet ( and yes, I realize that this movie has been out forever). Once our movie was over we spent some time chatting and then got to work on some of our apartment changes. I’ll be sure to share pictures with you once I have everything picked up! That evening we watched a documentary about an artist in LA (can you tell we’ve been taking full advantage of our Netflix?!) and even though I fell asleep like five time during, I woke up just in time for the end and M. got quite a kick out of how the whole thing turned out. Even though I had missed many parts, I also found it pretty amazing!

Sunday we took it easy….way easy. We didn’t wake up until 11 which is pretty unheard of for us! Because of our work schedules the latest we can usually sleep in is 9. Either way, we decided that we were yet again in the mood for brunch so I heated up the waffle iron and mixed together the batter and M. handled the bacon. We couldn’t just have plain waffles of course, instead we added chocolate chips. We used THIS mix from Williams Sonoma which is pretty delicious. You actually have to let it sit for 15 minutes which is perfect because during that sitting time you can let your waffle iron get nice and hot.

We parked ourselves on the couch after that big feast and spent the day catching up with a little internet time. Of course I browsed some blogs and we fit in more episodes of Friday Night Lights. I realize we've done this every weekend, but I just cannot get enough of this show. I wish that the episodes were never ending because we're almost through season four (season five isn't over yet hence the reason it's not available on Netflix yet) and I am going to be SO SAD when there are no episodes left to watch -- I don't want them to stop this show!!!

I did fit in the baking of those cupcakes I talked about the other day. Vanilla cupcakes (from a boxed mix) and blood orange cream cheese frosting. The verdict? Nothing AT ALL like the delicious Dreamsicle cupcakes I miss so much from the Lavender Cupcakery in Alexandria. Although, the addition of juice from the blood orange made the most BEAUTIFUL color of frosting -- pretty in pink! I wish that I had a photo to show you...oh yeah, you may be wondering why I haven't posted ANY pictures of things we've been doing recently...that's because I need to charge my camera battery and haven't yet done it....I think that tonight is the night! I'm usually so into documenting things, but these days with as busy as our lives have been, I haven't even thought about whipping out the camera -- ok, that's a lie. I'm plugging it in tonight!

***Some exciting things happening today -- please keep us in your thoughts and hopefully I'll be able to share something great with you soon!***

Have a wonderful week everyone!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: A Bunch of Brunch