Proof that PR people smoke crack - washing machines as a Christmas gift!

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Don't get me wrong, I love all of the wonderful PR people I deal with on a daily basis to death, they give me all kinds of great information to share with you - but every once in a while I get an e-mail that makes me LOL!  This time it was an e-mail about luxury holiday gifts - well of course I was intrigued by the title - what would it be? Diamond tiaras? Jimmy Choo shoes?  I wasn't expecting a washer and dryer!

Whirlpool Vantage has this snazzy washer/dryer pair that even has a LCD touchscreen to make getting out your stains very high tech.  The pair will set you back around $4,398.


Samsung WF520ABP Steam Washer with Power Foam and DV520AEP Front Load Electric Steam Dryer around $3,098 for the pair.

I might have able to laugh it off as a one-off except a couple of months back I went to a Samsung preview and the presenter there was trying to convince me that their washer and dryer would be great for our Christmas guide!  I asked him if it came in pink or possibly bedazzled but it doesn't so I had every intention of ignoring his craziness - until this new e-mail... Am I missing something? - are washer/dryer sets what women are really wishing for as luxurious or romantic Christmas gifts now?

Honestly, I would really love one of these pairs but if my husband bought them and tried to pass them off as my Christmas gift he would have to start deciding whether he wanted the washer or the dryer in the divorce settlement!  I have a hard and fast rule that household items do not constitute a present, they are certainly necessary and I even sometimes want them - but NOT as a present! 

Of course if my husband would like to buy me one of these sets to celebrate a Happy Friday - well now we're talking!

What do you think about household appliances as a gift?  And come back later today when I will show you my picks from the Samsung preview that I think would make good presents!

- Lisamarie -

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Proof that PR people smoke crack - washing machines as a Christmas gift!