I had always thought my super power was being able to gauge just how much pigmentation a lipstick was going to have and what it would look like on me just by eyeballing it and I have usually been right... until recently when twice in a row I have been totally wrong!

NARS Petit Monstre from the Holiday collection is described as a rich berry and looking at it in the tube I expected it to be a mid-toned sparkling berryish colour...

but on my lips it actually kind of defies description - pinkish nudish?  I can't decide?!
Lancôme L'Absolu Rouge Le Rouge L'Wren from the Holiday colour collection - looking at it, I thought it was going to be super rich and darkish red...
but on my lips it is a beautiful berry colour - I expect a dark liner underneath could deepen it quite a bit but I  I quite like it as is!

They might not have turned out to be the colours I was expecting but both turned out to be good surprises! 

Ever had a lipstick turn out totally different on your lips then it seemed in the tube?

- Lisamarie -

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Lipstick swatch surprises with NARS Petit Monstre and Lancôme Le Rouge L'Wren!