Review: Tesco Vintage Rose Bath Salts

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Despite being a bit of a bathing fantatic (I rarely take showers if I can avoid them - baths are much nicer), I've never used bath salts. I'm not quite sure why. Possibly because I associate them with lavendar scents and old ladies.

While purchasing many boring things at Tesco the other day, I was having a bit of a nose around the bath products section, and happened upon this lovely glass jar full of bath salts and rose petals. It being a mere £3.69 for 500g, I decided to take the plunge. When poured into a running bath, these salts produce an absolutely lovely rose based scent. It's not overly heavy or sweet, nor is it too floral. It actually smells like a rose in bloom, rather than a chemical approximation that goes too far.

Although I didn't notice any benefit to my skin, I did emerge totally relaxed. Not only do you get the lovely scent, but you also get the experience of bathing with rose petals, which is quite luxurious - although unfortunately, this doesn't turn you into Mena Suvari in American Beauty. Just don't do what I did and see a rose petal stuck to your knee, and immediately assume that you've accidentally cut yourself somehow and have a small panic.

All in all, this is a lovely product for a bath experience - no particular effect on the skin, but very relaxing. A good buy for anyone who likes a good long soak, it's available at larger Tesco stores for £3.69 for 500g - and the pretty packaging (which doesn't have Tesco written on it in big letters) would make this an ideal stocking stuffer.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Review: Tesco Vintage Rose Bath Salts