Review: Olay Total Effects Night Cream

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I remember when I was in my early teens, just starting to be able to afford cosmetics, I used to covet my mother's Olay moisturiser. It came in a fancy pump bottle like this one, and it seemed SO expensive. So, when I needed a new night cream recently, I found myself in Boots looking at the Olay display, and decided to try the Total Effects Night cream, in a bid to recapture my youth in more ways than one.

I'll admit I wasn't really expecting a lot from this cream. I've been using it for several weeks now, and I'm very pleasantly surprised. The cream is fairly light, yet still rich, and sinks in very quickly. In the morning, my skin is soft, plumped up and smooth, with no residual oiliness or that film that too-rich creams can give. Three weeks on, my skin is much smoother, the tone seems more even, and I'm fairly sure that my hated frown lines are looking less deep too.

The packaging is also a win for me - the very hygienic pump bottle allows you to dispense exactly the right amount of cream while keeping it safe from the air and contamination from the fingers. The only downside I can think of is that I'm not sure how I'll know when it's empty. The price of this cream is also pretty fab - at around £16, I think that on balance, it out performs my previous £45 Darphin cream.

If you'd like to try it for yourself you can find it at Boots, for £16.63 for 50ml, and many other places - Olay is very widely stocked.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Review: Olay Total Effects Night Cream