Summer Month Makeup Routine

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Yesterday a sweet reader commented on my makeup in my weekend photos and since I haven’t done a post on makeup in a while I figured I would share my current routine with you!

Now that the weather has officially begun heating up in NYC I am all for the less-is-more motto. It’s far too hot to be wearing a ton of makeup, and I always feel like my skin will be better if I can avoid layering on tons and tons of product.

I have two bases that I alternate between depending on the day and depending on what my skin looks like that morning. Typically I stick to Bare Minerals Original in Fairly Light as my base. I use it as my concealer and my “foundation”. I like this product because it is very light and makes my skin feel as though I am not wearing any makeup at all. Plus, it really stays put! I like that I feel as though it really “sets” my skin and throughout the day, with wear, the product seems to only look better and better…more natural.

If I am having a “bad” skin day, OR if I want my skin to look a little more “dewy” I go to Stila’s Illuminating Liquid foundation in 30 Watts. It provides a little more coverage, but at the same time is still light enough for me to wear without feeling “cakey”. As it wears on my skin it also creates a bit of a dewy effect on my cheekbones which I love.

After the “foundation” I focus on my eyes. I don’t have a particular love for any one eye product and usually switch things up depending on my mood. I typically line my top lid very close to the lash line with a dark charcoal gray color. I usually wet the tiny brush and rub it in the dry eye shadow to create a “liner”. This always seems to work the best for me – no smudges and no eye makeup ending up UNDER my bottom lashes.

Once I’ve done that step, I curl my lashes and then simply sweep on a brown-black mascara (right now I am using L’Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Black-Brown) and then also highlight my bottom lashes right in the outside corners of my eyes with Clinique’s Bottom Lash Mascara in Black. I love the little itty-bitty wand – it’s so cute!

Next comes blush and highlighter. Right now I love Bobbi Brown’s Shimmer Brick compact in Rose. I sweep my brush over the color and onto my whole cheek and then accent that with a little bit of Lorac’s blush in Desire. It’s VERY pink so you don’t need a lot, but I find that the little extra shimmer in the Lorac blush is a great highlighter. Lately I’ve also been taking my brush and swiping it across the “white” portion of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick compact and then using it as a highlighter on my cheekbones, across my forehead, and on the bridge of my nose. It’s subtle, but pretty!

If I’m getting really dolled up I’ll usually swipe on a little lipstick or if I am going more casual I pop on some gloss and head out the door. Nothing fussy and my routine takes me a total of 7 minutes to apply – perfect for summer!

Any beauty tips you want to share with me?! I always love buying new beauty products, but I always seem to come back to my simple routine! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Summer Month Makeup Routine