Gobsmacked by Guerlain Autumn/Winter 2010 palettes

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I've just seen these silvery Ecrin 6 Couleurs palettes on British Beauty Blogger and I'm completely, utterly smitten.

There are four variations - Vendorme (shown here), Sevres, Champs Elysee and Passy. Each contains six shadows in a narrow but contrasting spectrum of colours - browns, blues, monochromes, etc. The shadows are infused with moonstone, giving them a particular blue-silver iridesence (called adularescence - I had to look it up).

For a duochrome-junkie like me, that's enough to get the lemming-alarm sounding. But there's more - the lid of the metal palette is decorated with a cut-out design reminiscent of wrought iron. Ornate but also quite modern and biomorphic. It's like cut-up pieces of a fleur de lys rearranged in a flowing collage.

The holes in the lid aren't as impractical as they sound - a mirror, hinged from the side of the palette, lies under the lid and protects the shadows.

As you might expect, these command a fairly horrific price tag. I'm sure that by the time they're released I will have somehow justified the £51 they cost to myself.

Check out BBB's post on these palettes - she has more in-depth information than I do.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Gobsmacked by Guerlain Autumn/Winter 2010 palettes