St. Patty’s Day Pink

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
I’ve never really been one to go all out, celebration style on St. Patrick’s Day. When I was in college my sorority always had a BIG, campus known St. Patrick’s Day party at our local bar and we always came up with the most creative t-shirts which we then gave out to the first ever-so-many guys in attendance – bribery? – maybe, but they usually ended up being friends of the girls or boyfriends of the girls anyway. My sorority sisters would go CRAZY for this party, and for me, I just never really got all that into it, but the party was always super fun! **Flashback! A photo from the college days….taken hours before our annual St. Patrick’s Day party (I believe my junior year....what is up with my hair in this photo...bang problems?!)…fun fact, the girl on my left is my “little” and the girl on my right is my “big.” – we're all still friends! :)**

Let’s talk about the color green for a second. Not a HUGE fan of the color green although I must say my eye often wanders to a preppy “Kelly Green” dress from time to time during the spring season and while in high school I did have a fresh citrus green painted room (pretty, not slimy looking green). I have a couple of green items in my wardrobe, but nothing that screams, “I LOVE THE COLOR GREEN!”.
You know what I do love though? The color PINK. And part of my “March for Me” campaign (if you will) was to treat myself to a “new lip gloss or makeup item”. I realize that the majority of the cost of “designer” makeup is all in the packaging, but I always love purchasing something new and fun to add to my makeup bag...and I appreciate that beautiful packaging! So while I’m not going to be buying any green eye shadow to celebrate St. Patty's Day, instead I think I will treat myself to one of these fun pink lipsticks, both “new” colors for the spring season.

First, a new makeup line to me, Clarins. I own NOTHING from the brand, but I spotted this “hot pink” lipstick in a magazine recently and kind of fell in love. Kate Bosworth was actually the celebrity “featured” wearing the lip color and even though it’s bright – I am LOVING the intensity of the pigment.

The second shade that I am considering purchasing is Chanel’s Rouge Coco in Jersey Rose; Another new hue, and one that is a little more subtle of a pink. Michelle Williams was recently spotted sporting this petal pink shade. This Chanel color is more of a “kiss of pink” shade and not as pigmented as the hot pink color from Clarins.

My plan is to take a look at both this weekend and then make the decision. I’ll certainly let you know which shade I "spring" for! And how appropriate is this adorable photo?! I think she actually looks like she's got a little Irish in her…and she’s got on her green in honor of the holiday and her HOT PINK lipstick too! :)

Happy St. (Pink)Patrick’s Day!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: St. Patty’s Day Pink