Johnson's 24 Hour Moisture Body Wash and Body Lotion

Posted by follow me On 0 comments

Full disclosure: we received samples of these products from PR.

This isn't going to be a full on analysis review, per se, mostly because basic body wash and lotion are either good, bad, or okay, and they are very rarely exciting.  Personally, I don't often bother with body lotion; my skin isn't overly dry, and I'm very lazy - after a long bath, I can just about be bothered to fall into bed!  I also really dislike waiting around for a lotion to sink into my skin; if it's not instantly absorbed, the texture sitting on top of my skin makes me feel slightly icky. 

Lucky, then, that when I tried out the Johnson's 24 Hour Moisture lotion, I found that it is indeed instantly absorbed; despite being moisturising enough to quench the skin (even after a 3 hour bath), it has a light texture that melts in and leaves no sticky/tacky/icky residue.  It's also pleasantly subtle in scent - on first application there's a slightly powdery, clean fragrance, which immediately disappears once you've rubbed it into the skin.

The matching body wash is similar in terms of understated performance.  It also has a gentle, unobtrusive scent which doesn't linger.  It lathers up nicely when used in conjunction with a bath puff thing, and a little goes a long way.  It cleans the skin effectively whilst also leaving it feeling soft and definitely not dried out.

I will most likely buy these products again.  Both are hard working formulas which are very moisturising, and are good beauty basics.  They're also very reasonably priced:  Boots.com stock the body wash for just £2.75 for 400ml, and while they don't have the lotion online yet, it retails for around £2.99.  If, like me, you'd rather spend your dosh on skincare, makeup and bath oils, and spend less on the basics - I'd recommend you give these a try.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Johnson's 24 Hour Moisture Body Wash and Body Lotion