Hello, Vintage Car!

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
Over the weekend we had the chance to go check out the vintage car we’ll be using for the wedding! I was SO excited to see/sit/drive in this car (even if it doesn’t have power steering)!

So without further ado….here is the beauty we will be using on our wedding day! How fabulous is this blue car!? It’s amazing how getting this car worked out – I must tell you the story…

There is this house that is a couple of minutes from my parent’s house that ALWAYS has vintage cars sitting in the driveway – not like one or two, more like 3 or 4 cars at a time and they are ALL beautiful! Originally M. and I thought about renting an old Rolls Royce. There is a company in our area that rents them and I thought it would be really fun to drive around in until I heard the price tag – around $600 for 3 hours and for some very odd reason he wasn’t going to let us pay $1200 to rent the car for 6 hours (since our ceremony starts at 2 and our cocktail hour/reception doesn’t start until around 5).

ANYWAY after thinking about it I realized that I wanted something a little more unique. Because that is the only company in my area that rents neat cars (Rolls Royces and Bentleys) I have actually seen them in a lot of the pictures (on different local photographer websites) of couple’s weddings who have used the same exact car or one that looks very similar.

For a little while I was considering not using a vintage car at all, I thought about other cute ways to have our send off…since we’re having our reception at a county club I thought about decorating a golf cart (I’ve seen this in Martha Stewart and it’s really cute!) or renting a fun convertible. The only problem with this is that I really wanted to have something cool there for us after we leave the church…so you can’t really have a golf cart waiting to drive you to your reception.

One day when I was at home I mentioned to my mom that I had thought about asking the “guy down the street” if we could “rent” one of his cars for our event. I didn’t even know the man (I always saw the same guy washing the cars in the driveway) and was a little worried that I might not get a good reaction. Well, I finally decided that it wouldn’t hurt anything to just ask. My mom so kindly wrote a letter about how for years (literally since high school) I have admired his vintage cars and wondered if we could “rent” one for our wedding day. The man, Sam, called my mom back the next day and said that he would LOVE to let us use one of the cars and that he “wasn’t sure about having us pay for the car.”

Well this past weekend when I was home M. and I went over to Sam’s house to say hello. He had two beautiful cars in the driveway, but not the blue car that I had seen before. I was a little worried that maybe the blue car wasn’t actually his, but a fellow collector’s. After we said hello and talked a little bit about how beautiful the two cars in the driveway were he said, “Well, do you want to go see YOUR car?!” He then so kindly led us all the way out to a garage where he keeps some of his other cars. He told us that we could have the car for as long as we wanted and that he would have it all ready, “washed and shined up” for us as long as we tell him when we’ll need it by!! He even gave M. the keys and told him to drive it around a bit! We decided to only drive around the block – I was a little scared about messing something up in the car!!

We’re going to attach a special little “Just Married” sign to the back of the car to complete the look!

Sam is SO nice to let us use the beautiful car! It’s going to be so beautiful for pictures and I will feel so special riding in it! I cannot wait to hop in after M. and I are finally husband and wife!!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Hello, Vintage Car!