Ash Wednesday 2010

Posted by follow me On 0 comments
It’s the time for all of the Catholics out there to start the season of Lent. I know that it’s the usual “standby” for many of us to give up sweets, but that’s what I’ll be giving up. It’s going to be especially hard considering my love for this amazing dessert from Ciao Bella – in fact, there is some in my freezer right now…let’s see if I can leave it (and all other sweets) there, un-touched for 40 days!

In other news, I’ve been getting really frustrated the last few weeks with the gym in my building. I am a creature of habit and I like to be on schedules. When I first started my running plan for the wedding I was getting up in the morning before work to workout. I loved being done with my workout for the day when I came home each evening. As we got deeper into the winter months I decided I wanted to sleep that extra hour in the morning and work out immediately after work. This was fine of course because no one was using the gym at around 5:30 and I was always able to get right on the treadmill. In the last few weeks this is not so much the case. I’ve been getting home around my normal time and going down to the gym to find all three of the treadmills occupied. I don’t mind sharing the gym, but I really don’t want to have to change my schedule to running at 10pm each evening.

SO NEW PLAN! I’ll be using my 45 minute lunch hour to do my running. We have a small gym downstairs that has treadmills and I’ll be finishing my workout before coming home from work each evening. Plus, I usually work through eating my lunch anyway, so no big deal.

PS: I hate Jillian Michael’s “The 30 Day Shred”. Considering how “in shape” I am right now, that video kills me every time. I think I am strong, but she makes me feel like a weakling. Jeeze!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Ash Wednesday 2010